Austin Psych Fest
|Location:||Carson Creek Ranch, USA||Birth:||2008||Run:||6 times||Status:||active||
Austin Psych Fest pictures
Austin Psych Fest Profile
Rate The Festival!
Austin Psych Fest is three day event for all fans of unusual music in Austin, state Texas. As a rule, it is held in the last days of April and early May. It takes its beginning in 2008. The focus is on the alternative genres of music such as psychedelic, experimental, noise, garage and drone.
The first check-in will be at Empire Automotive on 606 E seventh Station at 5:30 pm. For successful registration, ID or your ticket printout should be brought. It’s possible to buy tickets now.
On Thursday, kick-off shows will be held, where you can be filled with a great energy and experience the fullness of the real alternative music atmosphere.
Some facts about Psych Fest
The Psych Fest was founded in 2008. Primarily, it was not big event for some group of fans. With every year, this fest is becoming a great concert and people all around the world are coming to participate. Originally, it was outdoor venue with three music stages. Among other services, a camping was proposed. In this year Carson Creek Ranch which is situated on the Colorado River became a permanent location for the fest.
It developed from 10 bands for 3 days into big fest with tenth of popular modern bands.
Many popular music band are coming for this fest. Such as the Brian Johnstown Massacre, Loop, the Dandy Warhols, Panda Bear, The Black Angels and etc.
There is one twin-fest. It’s Levitation, which you have possibility to attend in Angers, France during two days in September.
There are many genres of music introduced on Austin Psych Fest. Among them:
- Psychedelic includes many genres and styles of modern music. It has immerged in 1960 from the mixture of folk rock and blues rock styles in the USA and Great Britain. It unites the ragas and drones of Indian music. It has a great influence into folk, rock and soul creating new styles. Progressive rock, kosmische music, synth rock, jazz rock, heavy metal, electro, glam rock and bubblegum pop appeared in the result of an intensive development.
- Experimental music includes electronic and musique concrete. It uses new instruments and new musical approaches.
- Noise music is a composition of different loud displeasing sounds without any harmony and melody. It appeared in the result of unity of ambient and industrial.
- Garage – a style of urban electronic music with swing rhythm and much basses. Really often ring tones and shoots can be met.
- Drone is a composition of slow rhythm and doom-metal. The base of such music is guitar, bass and drums. It is slow, depressive and monotonous.
Booking of the tickets
Tickets for the fest are on sale now, and they can be booked on the official site. The prices may be discounted from $120. After buying a ticket, you cannot return your money back, but there is possible to transfer it.
There are many buses from airport, so it allows seeing the city, and being in time and of course, it will not take many expenses. Avoid taxi and book tickets for a long time before, because it can be expensive.
In addition to FESTIVAL CAMPING OPTIONS and the hotels listed below, there are many places to stay while you’re in Austin.
If you’re looking for somewhere extra special, you should consider SAN JOSE and HOTEL ST. CECILIA, managed by the same folks behind EL COSMICO, in Marfa, which we also highly recommend for trip outside of Austin.
There are about a dozen hotels located right by the airport and venue that we recommend staying at for easy access. You can find them at the intersection of Riverside and Highway 71 / Ben White.
There will be 2 festival shuttle routes : one traveling between the venue and the designated airport hotels located at 71 and Riverside and another one servicing the downtown Austin area.
Austin’s public transportation includes a network of city buses. Although buses will NOT stop at the venue, you can plan your route, see a map, and learn more here – http://www.capmetro.org/metrobus/.
Buses route 350 and 100 stop just down the street from Hampton Inn on East Riverside Dr. where the festival shuttle will be picking and dropping people off. Make sure you check the times the buses run.
If you plan on taking a taxi to and from the venue, make sure that you reserve your taxi in advance. Austin Psych Fest will setup a cab stand at the front of the venue this year, but it’s always best to plan ahead. Below are a few Austin taxi companies –
– Yellow Cab – (512) 452 – 9999
– Austin Cab Company – (512) 478 – 2222
– Lone Star Cab Company – (512) 836 – 4900
Unfortunately, biking to Carson Creek Ranch involves crossing highways, bridges and other potential hazards, and we cannot recommend a safe bike route.
Save money, reduce traffic, and socialize on your way to Austin Psych Fest. We definitely encourage carpooling to and from the festival. Erideshare.com has great reviews, and looks like a great tool to find a ride or offer one.
Latest Austin Psych Fest News
- Austin Psych Fest 2014 (5/2/2014) - The Reverberation Appreciation Society is thrilled to announce the first round of lineup confirmations for the 7th annual Austin Psych ... Continue →
|Read all the Austin Psych Fest news »|