|Location:||Tolmin, Slovenia||Birth:||2002||Run:||9 times||Status:||not active anymore||
Recent Metalcamp pictures
Rate The Festival!
Metalcamp is a metal festival annually taking place in Tolmin, Slovenia and putting high its motto “Hell over Paradise”. The Metalcamp history takes us back to the year of 2002 when they tried to make a big metal festival in Vienna and that event was so successful that in 2003 it took not 1 but the whole 2 days. The next 2004 year appeared to be the breaking point, because the Arena where it was held in 2002 and 2003 wasn’t available for this kind of festivals anymore. That’s why it crossed the borders, got to the Tolmin-town in Slovenia and finally became the Metalcamp! The place was not only perfect and beautiful, but also kind of unique, because it was in the Julische Alpen national park with the one of a kind nature and two rivers (So?a und Tolminka), that’s why Metalcamp could offer not only a ground-breaking hevay metal program, but also a very nice and unforgettable vacation fun time. In the following years Metalcamp kept getting bigger and bigger – in 2005 it took 3 days and in 2007 – the whole week with 5 days of music festival + 2 days vacation in the woods at the water. You can take a look at the pictures from there to get an idea of how cool and original is it. The attendance let us classify Metalcamp as a middle capacity event gathering between 10.000-15.000 people.
Metalcamp is organized by an Austrian promoted Rock The Nation and a Slovenian company Master of Metal. It has usually 2 stages: a big one for the internationally acclaimed bands and a smaller one for the young and local acts.
Related eBay Offers
The Metalcamp’s specificity makes it smarter to live in the festival’s camping site (reserve your place here), but well if you can’t live without some comfort and have a car, you can book a hotel room in Bohinj town (15.8 km from Tolmin):
Metalcamp is located 1 km from the city TOLMIN, Slovenija. Distances to Tolmin:
Ljubljana (SI) – 95 km
Nova Gorica (SI) – 39 km
Rijeka (HR) – 165 km
Zagreb (HR) – 240 km
Trieste (IT) – 104 km
Udine (IT) – 97 km
Villach (AT) – 105 km
Klagenfurt (AT) – 143 km
Check here for the bus connections to Tolmin.
- Austria, Belgium, Germany, Holland and Switzerland Metalcamp Bus powered by Dominanz Travel Agency | Official & exclusive partner: www.dominanztravel.com.
- France, Luxemburg ONTOURS: www.ontours.fr.
- Italy bus: icedtears.com.
- Spain VALKYRIE TOUR Phone: 687938738, Web: http://valkyrie-tour.foroactivo.net, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The nearest train station is Most na So?i, which is about 5 km from Tolmin. Check here for the timetables.
Latest Metalcamp News
- MetalDays: there will be no Metalcamp 10 in Slovenia (9/8/2012) - A very important announcement came from MetalDays festival (Tolmin, Slovenia). Someone tries to spread the rumours about Metalcamp 2013 that ... Continue →
- The Metalcamp is gone, long live the MetalDays (8/12/2012) - Everything ends some day… As many of you know the previous Metalcamp festival in Tolmin, Slovenia took part on 05.08. ... Continue →
- HEATHEN cancelled their gig at Metalcamp 2012 (8/2/2012) - Unfortunately HEATHEN cancelled their performance at Metalcamp 2012 (Tolmin, Slovenia). Here’s the band’s official statement: “Due to unforeseen financial circumstances ... Continue →
- SWALLOW THE SUN and some more bands confirmed for Metalcamp 2012 (6/30/2012) - METALCAMP 2012 again got a very strong line-up, having KORN, MACHINE HEAD, AMON AMARTH, SABATON, HATEBREED and many more coming ... Continue →
- Metalcamp 2012: chat with KORPIKLAANI today! (6/25/2012) - Today, on June 26th, starting 20.00 the KORPIKLAANI’s singer Jonne will be answering your questions in the Metalcamp chat room! ... Continue →
- Metalcamp presents a chat with WISDOM (6/16/2012) - Like last year the Metalcamp Festival (Tolmin, Slovenia) has again set-up the very popular METALCAMP band chat. On the official ... Continue →
- ELUVEITIE will chat with fans on Metalcamp web-site (6/1/2012) - This year Metalcamp festival (Tolmin, Slovenia) would like to set-up the very popular METALCAMP band chat again. You can log ... Continue →
- Metalcamp: MUNICIPAL WASTE, HELL and over 20 bands for second stage confirmed! (5/25/2012) - METALCAMP 2012 again got a very strong line-up, having KORN, MACHINE HEAD, AMON AMARTH, SABATON, HATEBREED and many more coming ... Continue →
- Metalcamp “beach” trailer online (3/30/2012) - Metalcamp festival (Tolmin, Slovenia) released a special “beach” online trailer and it really rocks!
- Metalcamp Festival launches a new homepage and announces 13 new bands (3/15/2012) - METALCAMP 2012 (Tolmin, Slovenia) launched a very new web-site, it’s better arranged, clear and offers even more hot facts, competitions ... Continue →
|Read all the Metalcamp news »|