Recent Paganfest pictures
Rate The Festival!
Paganfest ist a touring music festival with the strong emphasis on pagan, viking and folk metal. The festival is produced by “Rock The Nation” management and tours annually all over Europe, mainly in Germany and Austria, but also in Czech Republic, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, England etc. Every year Paganfest visits about 20+ cities and some gigs are extended and have 2-3 more bands as the special guests. The first festival had just one show and took place in Glauchau, Germany on December 2nd, 2007. Since that day Paganfest has become very popular, always having many sold-out shows all across the Europe. Nowadays it’s one of the biggest and the most popular pagan-, viking- and folk-metal touring festivals in the world. The concerts are held in the big clubs and halls, every gig gathers about 1000-2000 metal fans.
The first festival’s tour started in April 2007 and it was headlined by ENSIFERIUM with the strong participation from KORPIKLAANI, MOONSORROW, ELUVEITIE and TYR. In 2008 there was no second Paganfest and “Rock the Nation” started the infamous Heidenfest instead of this, a festival working pretty much in the same style as Paganfest (two great festivals are always better than just one). The second Paganfest took place only in 2009 and is held annually since then. Now the line-up usually isn’t limited with just European bands (ARAFEL from Israel and ARKONA from Russia have already taken part in Paganfest and had quiet a success). In 2012 “Rock The Nation” announced a contest for the young bands and the winners supported the main line-up on 6 extended shows.
There’s also the American version of Paganfest having almost the same bands touring the North America.
Related eBay Offers
Paganfest is a touring festival, so you should book a hotel in the city you would like to visit the festival in. Here are the best hotel deals from various dealers:
Latest Paganfest News
- New festival trailers online (1/16/2013) - This week two good festivals published their trailers for 2013 – Paganfest and E-Tropolis! Check them out, they are totally ... Continue →
- Paganfest 2013: KALMAH added! (11/17/2012) - The metal band from Finland called KALMAH will play at the extended shows of Paganfest 2013, so if you’re going ... Continue →
- Paganfest 2013: shows in Eindhoven and Vienna announced! (11/10/2012) - The legendary PAGANFEST is ready for the next round
- Paganfest 2013 dates and line-up revealed (10/24/2012) - “Rock The Nation” has published the dates and 99% of the line-up for the next Paganfest festival! The 6th Paganfest ... Continue →
- Paganfest 2012: Munich show is sold out (3/25/2012) - And again a sold out Paganfest show! Munich was filled to capacity and a huge party. 8 Paganfest dates remain ... Continue →
- Paganfest show in Vien is also sold out (3/24/2012) - Yesterday’s Paganfest show in Vienna was totally sold out! For some upcoming shows are only a few tickets left. Today’s ... Continue →
- Paganfest show in Stuttgart is sold out (3/18/2012) - A fulminant start of the PAGANFEST tour 2012! After an amazing tour kick-off in Oberhausen, now the first show SOLD ... Continue →
- Paganfest 2012: running order available! (3/6/2012) - Last week we were announcing all winners of the support slot and this week we continue with the final running ... Continue →
- Paganfest 2012: the support slot winners have been picked (3/2/2012) - Rien ne va plus! February 29 was the official deadline for all band submissions to win a support slot on ... Continue →
- Attention, bands! Win a support slot for the Paganfest 2012! (2/3/2012) - You have always wanted to play on a big tour such as PAGANFEST? You wanna heat up the fans and ... Continue →
|Read all the Paganfest news »|