Zita Rock Festival
|Location:||Zitadelle Spandau, Berlin, Germany||Birth:||2007||Run:||6 times||Status:||not active anymore||
Recent Zita Rock Festival pictures
Zita Rock Festival’s Profile
Rate The Festival!
The Zita Rock Festival is an open-air festival taking place in the famous Zitadelle Spandau, Berlin, Germany organized by the same management who takes care of Amphi Festival. It was born in 2007 and is held every spring or summer (May/June) since then. Until 2009 it was a one-day festival, but then it suddenly became twice longer. The first Zita gathered 3500 people, but in 2010 there were already about 8000 visitors!
Zita Rock Festival has at least two features to make you love it. The first one is some sort of all-stars line-up which tops itself every year. Already in 2007 at the very first Zita MARILYN MANSON and OOMPH! performed, not more and not less! During the last years the festival was headlined by such acts like ASP, SUBWAY TO SALLY, EISBRECHER, OOMPH!, UNHEILIG, SAMSAS TRAUM, SCHANDMAUL, LETZTE INSTANZ, APOCALYPTICA and many more! And the second feature is the location! The festival itself takes place in the beautiful Zitadelle Spandau, a small historical stronghold right in the heart of Berlin. What’s also great is that you don’t have to bother yourself with the camping stuff, tents etc, because the Spandau district is rich with hotels, restaurants an everything you might need. The Zitadelle Spandau can offer some entertainment too: for example there’s some kind of a bat exhibition in one of the citadel’s rooms: you can watch a movie about bats and even take a closer look at a lot of them living in a big glassed aviary.
The festival’s atmosphere is very nice, relaxed and friendly. What’s also great – almost all the bands make the signing sessions, so you have a big chance to get your merchandise and CDs signed.
Related eBay Offers
Zita Rock Festival is held within the city, so your choice of hotels and hostels is pretty much wide. The main headliner usually ends the set till 21-22 PM, so if it’s the last festival’s day you still have enough time to get a train or even a plane home after the main headliner finished.
Subway: you need either “Zitadelle” or “Altstadt Spandau” station, line 7.
Train (S-Bahn): “Spandau” station.
Latest Zita Rock Festival news
- Zita Rock Festival 2013 cancelled! (1/3/2013) - Very sad but true – the big Berlin-based German rock festival Zita Rock Festival is cancelled and will not happen ... Continue →
- The date of next Zita Rock Festival announced (6/18/2012) - This year’s Zita Rock Festival in Berlin, Germany has barely ended and we already got the exact day the next ... Continue →
- Zita Rock Festival 2012 signing sessions (5/24/2012) - As usual there will be many signing sessions held at Zita Rock Festival in Spandau Zitadelle, Berlin where you can ... Continue →
- The running order for Zita Rock Festival 2012 (5/15/2012) - The running order for both days of Zita Rock Festival in Berlin, Germany got online today! 15.06.2012 17:00 – audience ... Continue →
- Zita Rock Festival line-up is 100% complete (4/13/2012) - The line-up of Zita Rock Festival (Berlin, DE) is finally 100% complete with the Finnish goth-rockers THE 69 EYES co-headlining ... Continue →
- Oomph! is confirmed for Zita Rock Festival (3/29/2012) - The German rockers OOMPH! joined the Zita Rock festival line-up to co-headline the first festival’s day with EVANESCENCE.
- Zita Rock Festival’s going to rock for 2 days (3/23/2012) - Zita Rock Festival (Berlin, DE) just announced the festival will take not one but two days! The second day was ... Continue →
- Zita Rock Fest 2012: the first bands confirmed! (11/30/2011) - The first news from the Berlin-based Zita Rock Festival arrived! The waiting is finally ended and the next Zita Rock ... Continue →
|Read all the Zita Rock Festival news »|